Capitolbeat 2010 in Phoenix
What: Capitolbeat, the Association of Capitol Reporters and Editors, annual conference
When: Thursday, Nov. 11 through Saturday Nov. 13
Where: Wyndham Phoenix (50 East Adams Street)
There are still a few details that we’re tying to work out before opening registration. But aside from the fact that it will fabulous as always, here’s what we can tell you about Capitolbeat 2010 in Phoenix:
- Arizona’s new immigration law will be front-and-center for at least one session, and probably more. What better place to study the debate over states’ role in immigration than at ground-zero of one of the more talked about laws in the country?
- We’ll look ahead to the reporting of the census results, all the new data it will bring and the redistricting chore state legislatures now face.
- The new health care reform law and other places where federal law will have a great deal of impact on states will be top of mind for at least one panel. As many statehouse reporters are finding out, they have to follow the action in Congress as well as their own capitol in order to keep a handle on state budgets.
- We will pick through the aftermath of the 2010 midterm elections and try to divine what it all means for state government.
- More policy panels, hands-on technical panels and writing tips will also be on tap.
Check back in this summer as we roll out the schedule.
If you have questions, please e-mail Conference Chairman Peter Wong: firstname.lastname@example.org